Here are just a few things I noticed and thought about during our run today.
1. My goal was to run 3.2 miles today which for us is an out and back on the road we live on. At first I kept checking my Garmin to see how my pace was, but shortly into the first mile, I intentionally didn’t check it until each mile marker-I really wanted to run according to how I felt today instead of what my Garmin was telling me.
2. I felt great! I know that with any running days there will be good days and bad and today was especially good! Today felt more natural than it has in a very long time and the closer I neared my 3.2 marker, the faster I wanted to run!
3. While I found myself picking up my speed at mile two then even more so at mile three I was still very aware of my foot placement making sure my running form was accurate. I intentionally kept my feet and legs stable under my core without having a too wide of a stride as well as making sure not to overstep and heel plant.
4. I had to dig out my winter gear today! The temperature was a cool 63 degrees with a nice wind. By the time we got home, my hands were super cold and numb! But the good news is because of the cooler temps, there were no gnats to contend with! Hallelujah!
5. I love the fact that I can run down the
what used to be yellow center line of the road. There is little to no traffic to worry about and the few cars that do pass always honk their horn and wave at us! Most are our country community neighbors whom we most likely know anyway.
6. During our run I smelled fresh cut grass, heard mooing cows and lots of gossiping birds all around us. It was very peaceful.
7. It’s a good thing we don’t mind hearing each other’s running farts (that’s what being married for 20 years will do for ya). There I said it; don’t hate…you know you do it to0! Run fart run fart…..
8. We ran the 3.2 miles out and walked the 3.2 miles home. We ran/walked backwards along the way. I’m not sure why we did this. Clark said, “we used to run backwards in football practice.” So, that’s what we decided to do. Other than the occasional dizziness and near falling a few times, I did feel it working different muscles in my legs.
9. I was very pleased with my 3.2 mile time: Mile 1-11:39; Mile 2-11:04; Mile 3-10:07.
10. I especially love the 6.4 miles total we made and the 555 calories I torched! Boom!
I hope you had a fabulous Monday!