It’s a new day my friends! It’s a new day to start over, make a better decision and become a more confident, healthier person!
Whether you have already tried to lose weight through other trendy, diet programs or if you’re making the commitment for the first time, the important part is that I am here to help!
I feel like though, the majority of you have been here before-in this place of trying yet another “diet plan”. You’ve tried so many before, lost the weight but the weight always comes back. Andy don’t want to go through another crazy, unrealistic program only to fail again.
I’m here to tell you my friends, that you didn’t fail at dieting, but rather the diets failed you!
[Tweet “If other diet plans didn’t focus on your health as a priority, they failed you.”]
Today I want to share my five reasons why other plans have failed you:
- The requirements are not realistic or maintainable. You have crazy rules to follow or points to count. Counting points is not an accurate way of dieting! Not all calories are created equal nor are you a bank account where it’s simply about points (calories) in vs. points out.Ask yourself are you going to count points for the rest of your life?
- They are short term only sounding too good to be true. While short term to a degree is acceptable for a quicker weight loss (or bc you have an event to attend), it’s not sustainable and permanent. You have to consider what got you to this point in order to create healthy and long lasting results.Are you looking for a quick fix or a lifestyle change?
- Other plans contribute to muscle loss. When you follow low carb, no carb or calorie restrictive diets, you will see a sudden boost in weight loss. But the problem is most of the weight lost on these plans is water weight and more importantly, muscle loss instead of fat loss.Muscle fuels metabolism and by losing muscle you will drastically lower your metabolism and your body’s ability to burn fat…..then by adding carbs back into the diet just as suddenly as you removed them, you will gain that weight back also very quickly.
- Other diet plans may only promote weight loss instead of good health.This is huge my friends! Having colon cancer at 29 and weighing in at less than 130 pounds, I had to learn the hard way that just because you’re skinny, doesn’t mean you’re healthy.Your weight loss program should prioritize optimal health first! When you begin to get healthy by eating real foods, less sugar and preservatives and exercising, you will naturally see a weight loss–a weight loss that will be permanent.
- Most diet plans on the market today don’t educate you. With any plan you should not only be educated on why you’re doing what you’re doing, but the plan should also teach you how to implement it in your daily life.You should be taught how to balance your meals with the proper sources and amounts of carbs, proteins and fats. (Carbs aren’t the enemy nor are they all created equal). You should be taught what to do after you complete the program so you’ll be confident the weight won’t return.
Let me know if any of this sounds familiar or if you have any of your own tips to share. 🙂
Be awesome today!