One of the main problems I see with my clients is that they’re not eating enough. This is simply because of the way society has taught us to “diet”….and that way is usually by counting calories or going low carb or all together, no carb.
Ask yourself is that way of dieting working for you or is it keeping you trapped on the weight loss/weight gain roller coaster?
I mean really… you know one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again with the same results.
Something has to give friends. It’s time to break the mold and make the change. It’s not about ‘cutting back’. By eating less, you’re not providing your body with the fuel it needs for even a sedentary lifestyle, much less if you’re at all active.
Eating less also causes your body to store fat, your metabolism will suffer and your energy level will fall.
Here are my top 5 warning signs that you’re not eating enough.
- No energy. If you’re suffering from chronic fatigue and continuous low energy, you may need to evaluate what you’re eating everyday. Your body stores carbohydrates in the form of glycogen (or sugar) for energy. When we’re not sufficiently fueling or replacing those energy stores, your body will find that energy elsewhere….usually from protein and muscle. When this happens, you’ll not only lose muscle mass, but in a compound effect, you’ll see a significant drop in your overall energy as well.
- Hair, skin and nail issues. As a result of losing protein stores or not consuming enough protein in general, you may see extra handfuls of hair in the shower drain than you’re used to seeing. Also, not taking in the appropriate vitamins and minerals can cause dry, flaky skin, as well as, thin, brittle nails, too.
- Constipation and other digestive issues. When your body and metabolism slows down in an attempt to preserve it’s energy supply, your digestion will also slow down as well. Just think of your intestines as a muscle and it requires work to become stronger. The less work it has to do (in the form of digestion), can cause it to become weaker resulting in constipation and other digestive issues such as heartburn and bloating.
- Difficulty getting through your workout. This goes along with chronic low energy. Your muscles require energy for use and food is it’s fuel. When you don’t supply those muscles with the proper fuel, they’re simply going to run out of gas and won’t work effectively.
- Weight gain or weight loss plateau. As a result of not eating enough, following calorie restrictive or no carb, low carb diets, along with not fueling your muscles adequately, your metabolism will also suffer. Muscle fuel metabolism and without properly fueling your muscles, your metabolism will also drop pretty significantly causing a weight loss plateau or even weight gain. Ikr! All from not eating enough!
So what can you do to assure you’re eating enough and to jumpstart your metabolism and weight loss?
- Eat within 30 minutes of waking and always start your day with a protein (and especially don’t skip breakfast). Your body has literally been fasting all night and by eating within 30 minutes of waking will literally wake it up and boost your metabolism right away. Starting your day with a protein will also nourish your muscles and put your body in fat burning mode.
- Eat several meals throughout the day. By eating smaller, but nutrient dense meals throughout the day, not only will your blood sugar stay balanced, but your energy level will also stay level. Your stomach will literally be at work all day which increase your calorie burn, keeps your satisfied longer and subsequently increases your metabolism.
- Drink a protein shake. This is a super easy, quick and effective way to add in some extra protein to your day. It’s also an added bonus when you can add fresh spinach and other fruit options for even more protein and extra vitamins and nutrients. This is my favorite protein shake.
Does this sound all too familiar? When you’re not eating enough, weight loss can feel like a “diet”—making you feel like you’re sacrificing and then guilty if you should sway in the least amount. Add in the ill effects of the yo-yo dieting and under eating on your metabolism and energy levels, this vicious cycle is usually only short-lived instead of producing a genuine lifestyle change…causing us again to feel like we’ve failed yet another diet.
That’s why I have the 21 Day Fat Shredder Nutrition Plan to give you the boost you need, help you avoid those common ‘dieting mistakes’ and teach you healthier habits you and your entire family can benefit from.
With my 21 Day Fat Shredder Plan, you’ll
- You’ll know exactly what you need to eat in order to get results.
- Menu suggestions to take all the guesswork out of wondering what you’ll eat.
- Lots of recipes!
- Supplement recommendations. (All of my favorite fat burning supplements that I personally take).
- A food tracker so you can journal and keep track of everything you’re doing. (Studies show that people who journal their habits increase their success rate by 50%).
- You get exclusive access to my private community where you can interact with me, as well as other experts and fellow challengers!
- Email support by me and more!
Get your own instant download of the complete 21 Day Fat Shredder plan and imagine how much better you could feel in as little as 21 days. Once you can learn how to eat better instead of eating less, it’ll be easier to feel like it’s an actual sustainable way of life you can stick to.