When it comes to losing weight, one of the questions I get asked the most is “How do I get started?” or “What do I do?”
Trust me, I totally understand how confusing it can be knowing what’s the best way to lose weight or the best diet plan to follow. First we only had TV commercials telling us what we needed to do, but now we have social media in our face (literally) claiming to have the latest and greatest diet supplement where all you have to do is take a pill or drink a shake or pink drink and the weight will melt away as fast as it seemed to appear in the first place. All of this and more without changing one way of eating or I dare say exercise.
Now don’t get me wrong, for the most part, I have nothing against (most of) these claims. Primarily because the ingredients in those products are most likely beneficial for weight loss….but here’s where I take a hard step in the other direction: I want more than just weight loss.
Health is more than being skinny. I’ve had to learn that the hard way.
Furthermore, you must first ask yourself is what you’re doing right now sustainable. Is it life-lasting or is it more of a quick fix? With that there is no right or wrong answer, but know that answer before you start any program so you won’t find yourself disappointed later.
Now back to those questions.
As much as I prefer simplicity, I too, am guilty of overcomplicating things wayyy too often. Anybody else?
So here are simple 3 things you can start doing today where you’ll see results come sooner than later. Not only will you lose weight by doing these 3 things, but you’ll actually notice that you’ll start feeling better too. Please note that avoiding obvious junk food is understood. 😉
1. Replace your white foods with color. Instead of white rice, choose brown or whole grain rice. Instead of a white potato, choose a sweet potato. Instead of white bread, choose whole grain. You get the idea right? To simply put it, avoid white foods…this includes anything with white flour, too.
2. Replace your sodas and juices with water and/or unsweetened tea. Sodas and juices (yes, even fruit juice) are both loaded with sugar! Don’t turn to diet drinks or “sugar-free” as they contain chemical sweeteners which have been known to cause health concerns and can even cause weight gain and fat storage.
3. Start walking. If you’ve never exercised before, don’t try to run a marathon right out of the gate! Start walking first…to whatever distance you can go and gradually go further and further each day/week until you’re walking about 30 minutes a day. This will not only improve your heart health, your endurance and your overall health, but you’ll lose weight too! It’s a win-win!
Get in on the discussion we had in my recent FB Live! It was a great conversation!
That’s it! It sounds too easy right!? Of course, there are more changes you can make that will help you lose weight and get healthier quicker, but this is certainly a great start AND you’ll start seeing results too.
Ere’body loves results, right? 🙂
If you’re looking for more, I have 3 solutions to help you lose weight and keep it off.
- 21 Day Fat Shredder: Lose 5-15 pounds with this is a self-guided program that will give you a better understanding and introduction to eating wholesome, real foods and creating healthier habits you and your entire family can benefit from.
- Complete your free weight loss profile: Based on your answers and your own personal goals, you’ll receive your recommended meal plans and supplements that will compliment your nutrition plan and are specific to you. When you start this 12 week coaching program, you will receive a series of weekly emails, as well as I’ll be available to answer any questions you may have.
- A Healthy Life Academy: If you need even more accountability and support, a HLA is ahand holding coaching program where you’ll receive all the tools and resources you need to help you reach your goals and 100% coaching from me. Our next class starts in January.