Do you have an important event coming up or those favorite pair jeans you need to fit back into…and quickly?
One thing I’ve learned over the years of coaching weight loss is that weight loss is not about fad, short term dieting but instead making better, healthier choices and living a healthy lifestyle! It is possible, however to start losing weight pretty quickly with some simple and practical changes you can start making today!
Here are 10 easy ways you can lose weight in 10 days:
1. Drink Water-Just do it. Flavor it, camouflage it, whatever to it, but your body is approximately 60% water for a reason. Replenish it with this vital liquid. And there are zero calories in water—Hallelujah!
Take Action: Read how I recommend flavoring your water.
2. Stop drinking sodas–they are high calorie, high sugar, high sodium….even diet…..yes, diet. Diet sodas are typically sweetened with an artificial sweetener which renders its on detrimental consequences.
3. Pack your lunch–fast food is a killer-even if you have healthier choices from which to choose. Be in constant control of what you eat by being prepared with something from your own kitchen that you know is good for you. With the average fast food meal costing around $8 you’re bank account will also thank you.
Take Action: Read some of my easy meal planning tips here.
4. Don’t overstuff yourself–when you’re full, stop eating. I know we were taught to ‘clean our plate’, but too much of this mindset has led to childhood, teenage and adult obesity. It’s also this over-indulging that has caused our hunger/full hormones to also get out of whack and doesn’t alert us that we are really full.
Take Action: Click here to learn how you can get your hormones back in gear and decrease your cravings.
5. Eat several, small meals a day–Eating smaller meals throughout the day keeps your energy level up and your metabolism up.
Take Action: Read here why it’s important to make sure you’re eating enough to fuel your body.
6. Eat healthy snacks and sweets–only fill your pantry with the good stuff and make it easier on yourself to make better choices
7. Get outdoors-play or walk several times a week for at least 20 minutes. If walking is new and difficult for you, then start slow…walk to the end of your driveway, walk to the next light pole, walk five minutes–whatever works for you–and build up your distance and/or time each week. The important thing is that you’re not sitting on the couch or at the kitchen table—get outside!
8. Join a gym or the Y–if support and routine is what you need, then by all means do it. If knowing you’ve paid or paying for a gym membership gets you motivated then go for it.
Exercising at a gym gives you the opportunity to go at any time throughout the day or even late night, provides trainers to guide you and social networking and friendships as you do it.
9. Do at in-home workout–I prefer working out at my own pace in the privacy of my own home. If this makes you more comfortable, then give it a try. Again, start slow and work your way up. Don’t think you can just load that DVD for the first time and workout for an hour. You will get frustrated and disappointed! Go slow at your own pace, but don’t give up.
Take Action: Click here to find tons of freebie workouts I’ve put together over the years.
10. Have a plan-know what you’re going to do the day before you do it. Soldiers don’t go into battle without an intensive plan and neither should you….this is a battle against fat and I want you to win and I hope you want you to win too!
Take Action: In my nutrition and weight loss course, Nourish, I give you PROVEN methods and the exact strategies I’ve been using to help my clients lose that weight and fat they’ve never been able to lose before – all without sacrificing or feeling like crap while they’re doing it.
When you finish this plan you’ll feel more confident about yourself, what to eat (and eating out), and can finally stop dieting and start living!
Let me know your own favorite tips too!